Elder Olsen, ? and Elder Swainston
Practicing their super powers.
Drew holding back the tears as the bus drives through his home town on the way to the airport to catch a plane to Russia. Elder Olsen is next to him.
Dear Family,
Well this week has been good. It's been a rather difficult week for me I'd have to say. I don't know, I've been homesick a lot recently and I'm really trying not to be. I'm trying so hard to not have those selfish feelings and have charity. I'm really, truly praying so hard to have the desire to be here and just lose those feelings of homesickness. I don't know, it's good though, trust me I'm getting over it, but it's tough sometimes.
Elder Olsen and I are starting to understand more and more which is helping and we were able to get 2 new investigators this week so it's going good. The Lord is really blessing us that's for sure. I received the Under Armour one (package), so thanks it's been put to good use. It's getting really, really cold here now so I've used them a couple of times. Um for Christmas my only request is a Russian dictionary. It's red and about 2 inches thick, but yeah anything you want to send just go ahead.
We were able to watch one session of conference yesterday and it was really amazing. I loved every second of it. It was Sunday morning and I really felt the Spirit so strong, it was great. I can't wait to be able to read the talks and see a few more at zone conference. Our branch is good there are a lot of older ladies. We have about 10 priesthood holders, like 5 being Melchizedek ha ha, but yeah we have 1 little boy who comes with his dad and 1 lady who is younger than 30 yrs. ha so it's good, I like it. I haven't had to give a talk, but I've borne my testimony a couple of times which was fun. I've had to lead the music for sacrament too, so yeah ha ha that was interesting, it's a good thing they don't really look at that anyways.
It sounds like things are interesting at home. I really hope Sophie will get better, she is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. You all are, I'm so grateful for all you do truly and the prayers from everyone are felt. I have been having trouble wanting to go home, but I'm really focusing on being 110 percent obedient and its helped a lot so it's good. Thanks for everything, I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!!!
Love your boy,
Elder Swainston XOXO
PS. I heard your "Simply the Best" randomly yesterday playing in someones back yard, ha ha it reminded me of how you always would listen to that. Love you!!
1 comment:
The dictionary your son is referring to is the Kenneth Katzner English-Russian, Russian English It is the best, most comprehensive Russian dictionary for speakers of American english. All U.S. diplomats use it. I sent one to my son in the Rostov mission.
Post a Comment