Crazy Past Week, but SOOO Amazing!!!! 11-16-09

Dear Family,

Wow it has been such a crazy past week but sooooo amazing!!!! Ok, love the questions in order so here we go. We went on Monday to Samara and got up at 4 am, drove to the Samara airport where we flew to Moscow. Then from there we flew to VILNIUS, LITHUANIA ha ha which was short lived, but nonetheless. We were there for 3 hours and flew back to Moscow then flew to Samara and got back to the assistant's apartment at 2 am ha ha, so 4 flights in one day!!! It took a lot out of me; there were 17 of us in the group with 2 sisters included. We are not allowed to buy anything or take our cameras so no ha.

Zone conference was incredible as usual!!!!! Oh my goodness we watched general conference most of the time and oh my it was amazing. So much was opened to me that I never knew before. I don't know if it's the gift of the Spirit while being a missionary or what but, ohhhh I loved it. It felt like everything applied to me. I loved Elder Holland's classic talk and President Uchtdorf's about love. It was great and the interview with President Bennett was amazing as always!! :)

I did get the package from September 11th!! Oh my goodness I love youuuuuuu so much thank you!!!! I love everything and Elder Olsen and I held the peanut butter like a baby ha ha, its been sooooo long, I love it. Thanks mom you're the best!!! No new companion and I'm still in Balakovo ha ha, I love it!! I'm glad, Balakovo is my home . . . for 3 months now. ? is doing great, he received the Aaronic priesthood and got a call yesterday in the branch. We are reteaching him the lessons like we always do to recent converts. He is way strong and is a very quick learner. No that's not his mom, it's the ex relief society president and she is way nice ha ha. I'm sorry I usually don't have time to go and take pictures, but I'll try :) Russian is definitely coming along really fast and its been a blessing to be with Elder Olsen and forced to rely on the Lord a lot more. He has blessed me so much.

No I am not really homesick anymore like none at all, just trying not to get trunky already ha ha. It's hard trying not to think about life after and wanting time to go by fast, but don't worry it's not a problem. The interview with President Bennett was great. He helped me out a lot and helped resolve some concerns I had, ha nothing big just about orthodontics and stuff and how to help ? want to go on a mission. Wow I can't believe Elder Waltman . . . already???!?! Ha ha wow, well wish him the best and I'm telling everyone here ha ha, wow.

It was chilly in Samara while we were there. It snowed a bit, but here it's pretty warm for Russia at least, ha ha like "0" ish so not bad. Well I love you all so very much!!!! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve our Lord. He has blessed our family so much and I love you bigger than the universe mom!!!!! truly I do. I miss you all, but I'll see you in a little while. It's already been 6 months, wow ha. Well I better get that stuff filled out. I love you very much!!!! I'll be looking forward to next week as always :) Let all others know I love them.
D&C 88:118

Love always,
Your son Elder Swainston XOXO

PS. Tell dad that I took Elder Ballard's talk to heart and I'm going to apply it better :) I love you dad. I love you. Thanks for everything.

PPS. Could you send some cake and white frosting with sparkles for my birthday? 20th birthday :) ha ha weird! Love you!!

1 comment:

The Richards in Canada said...

Gotta love a letter like that!