Drew finally received the package with his birthday cake mix and candles.
Dear Family,
Wow this past week was so amazing. Truly it was one of the most successful weeks I've ever had on my mission so far. The members are so amazing here and they are always willing to give up 3 hours of the week to help us. It's so amazing and I just have to say that we had the most investigators come to sacrament then I've ever seen. Nearly 10!, that's like unheard of ha ha, but things are continuing to go great here! I love it in Penza and I'm falling in love with the members. They are so great. Those people on Fb are members in the branch, A and B. B is the son of one of the members who helps us all the time, so yeah I'm always talking to them. The young C was just baptised in December. He's great and yes Elder Cook gave him hand warmers once and now he's fascinated with them ha ha.
I've been praying constantly with faith as President challenged us to and I have to say that I've never felt so much joy before on my mission. It's so amazing and I truly feel the Lord leading me and guiding me as I continue to draw near to him by helping his children here. My Russian is coming along as usual. I can have a long conversation and stuff on the street and understand what people are saying and it's not awkward or anything. So I'd have to say progress is coming along. We have one investigator who has a baptismal date, named D so that will be great.
The weather is doing great and it's a lot warmer now. It's usually just around -15 now so it's a blessing indeed. Spring is just around the corner. There is tons of snow here still; most they have seen here in years they say. I'll need new wool socks for next winter. I've just about worn out the ones I have, they have big holes in them ha ha. But yeah, I don't know send whatever :) Maybe a map of the USA with cities and stuff on it. Not expensive, but a good one for English club or something.
Well things are going well here and about the blog things, yes Sister Bennett called me and told me the whole deal about it. It can be an open one just don't put pictures of investigators and stuff. I'm glad that G and G got their letter I know it took awhile. I'm sorry that I haven't written you a hand written one in a while. I know it's bad of me, but don't worry you'll have me for eternity anyways :) ha ha. Thanks for the updates on the sports world dad. I called it with the Saints ha ha, so glad they won.
I'm realizing how much of a blessing it is to have such an amazing family that loves and supports me! Know that I'm ALWAYS praying for you and new baby sister and that all will be well. I love you all so much and thank you for everything. Let Auntie Lauren know that I love her and I'm very thankful for her. Have a great week and know that your son is doing amazing, praying hard for you always.
Love your son,
Elder Swainston
PS. I love you bigger than the universe!
PPS....I got Spagetti O's, noodles, caramels, Kitkats, 2 cake mixes and peanut butter and an ENSIGN!! Yes, thanks I love you so much. Have great week!
1 comment:
What a great kid! So neat to see/hear transitioning from being a boy to a man!
Post a Comment