A Transfer . . . I Am Going To . . . . . . 11/22/10





Dear Family,

Well things are going great here in Penza and it just snowed a ton last night so I’m pretty sure the snow is now permanent. I don’t have much time. I wrote President, but then everything erased so I had to write it again. Anyway in answer to your questions....

Yes I did receive a transfer ha ha. I know the time has come and I am going to Samara! Wooohoo, yeah it will be fun and the best part of the story is that I get to serve with my old companion, from the MTC, who went home! He is only in his second cycle here in Russia so it will be almost like training, but I’m so excited! It will be great and I’ll be in the same district as the zone leaders, which is still Elder Bolt, so we will still keep in touch with each other ha ha.

I’m sad that I’m leaving Penza, but I knew it was coming so yeah. I’m excited to start off in a new place. I’m sure the district will miss me ;) ha ha, but we'll see. My comp and I are getting a long great and we have become good friends. We have a lot of things in common and we became really good at teaching with each other. I feel that we were able to bond in this cycle which went by really fast, but anyway it was fun!

My Russian is going great. I’m still speaking it so I’m sure I will keep it up ha ha, but yeah I’m still studying and all that. Yes I guess you can say I am fluent in speaking and understanding. I admit I understand a lot more cuz I’m a listener, but I think that I’m fluent. I should be, I’ve been here for like 16 months now ha ha. You’ll hear in about a month right? ;) The Russians of course think it’s cool that we can speak with them in their language and are surprised at times, but the members just make fun of our weird accents ha ha.

I don’t know . . . for the most part yes? That’s kind of a tough question. I mean the members understand what I’m talking about and sure maybe I have a little bit of an American accent, but I feel that I’m becoming Russian. I mean my comp has to correct my grammar and words that I pronounce wrong in English ha ha, so yeah, I’m trying to fulfill the promise. Things are going great as DL. I’m just trying hard to love everyone and help them as much as I can. It’s so fun being DL and we were able to achieve some goals that we had set this past week which was great for the District.

Thanks for the updates, really, they are amazing! Thank you and in answer to dad’s question, yes I’d say he’s really good at the language and has a good Russian accent so yeah. We help each other out cuz he still doesn’t know everything, but we both try. Any way things are going great and I’m trying my hardest to be humble, but hey I’m trying mom, so don’t worry.

That’s pretty scary about Auntie Lauren, so I’m sure praying for her as well. Let me know how everything goes and please be safe when you travel :) I’m sorry that I have to end this, but I love you all so very much and please be safe. Keep up your prayers and scripture studies and I will too. I love you all bigger than the universe and I will be writing to you from Samara next week! Have a great week and I’m praying for you always. Tell everyone that I love them! Love you mom, dad, Sophie, Kynlie and Oscar - bigger than the universe,

Love your son,

Elder Swainston :) xoxo

PS. Thanks for answering me about the whole school thing. I’ll be sure to keep praying about it.

No comments: