Contacting On the Streets 02/28/11

Dear family,

Well it was a good week this past week. It finally has gotten a little bit warmer each day and the sun is starting to melt everything around us, but it is only the beginning. Soon there will literally be rivers running everywhere and dirt all over my trousers ha ha, oh well.

Anyway, things are going much better with my companion. His stake president called the other day and they were able to talk to each other for a little while which has really helped him.

I did write Mckay a letter a while ago so he should've at least got it by now. That was at the end of January or so. Like I said my companion is doing better and he is working hard along with me. There are still little things that are hard for him, but he is doing well and working hard.

Our i's are moving along, the ones that are meeting with us ha ha. We were able to set a baptismal date yesterday and we are having our goals set high for the month of March. We have a couple of dates set for this month and we have a couple of really good i's who should be ready soon.

Yes ha ha, we have been spending a lot of time out in the cold and contacting on the streets. There is not much else we can do, but I did do my first service project thing on my mission this past week. We helped clean up a new members house so that was a lot of fun of course.

You're doing great mom with all the cooool information that's for sure so keep it up. Ha ha Elder Crookston is enjoying it and what not. Anyway, things are good so thanks for your prayers. I'm happy to hear that things are going well at home and that news about D.Will is really sad though. I don't know how the Jazz could do that and it just sounds like they are going downhill from here on out. Thanks for the good updates dad, I gotta give you props on that one that's for sure.

I read a great quote for you, dad, this past week in the teachings of Brigham Young:
"Let the husband make an improvement upon his kitchen and pantry and upon his bedrooms for the benefit of his family, and improve his gardens, walks, etc., beautifying your habitations and their surroundings, making pavements and planting shade trees." :)

About the classes . . . I think I myself would like to do so with my counselor when I get back :) Well things are going well and we are working harder and harder each week. I have my last zone conference this Friday and then I'll have my last visa trip next Tuesday to Vilnius for the 7th time ha ha; oh well it's easy and it's the last one. Elder Russell will be going home next week too which is crazy fast.

Things are going well mom and thank you for all your prayers. I'm working hard and trying to be perfected in Christ. We got a new Branch President this past week, which will better the work here and help a lot of less actives come back to be fully activated. The last President was good of course, but he spoke his mind a lot.

Well I love you and I can't wait to hear from you next week. Be sure to send everyone my love and my best wishes from Russia! :) Spring is near and it's getting warmer. Thanks for the watch you ordered and all that jazz :P Have a great week and tell Sophie and Kynlie that I love them very much. Love you bigger than you know what. Love you all!

Love your son,
Elder Swainston

PS. "The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love." Pres. Joseph F. Smith

No comments: