Dear family members and friends,
It was a great week this past week and we were able to have a lot of success. Unfortunately, the Russian winter is still fighting really hard and there is still a ton of snow on the ground. It snowed a lot this past week. During the day it would melt and then snow at night and then melt again. It's still cold, but sunny. This is the longest winter I've ever lived through ha ha. Hopefully it will start warming up soon!
1. I did get a new companion, but he's not here yet, he'll be coming on Wednesday. His name is Elder Morris from Utah and he's a really good Elder from what I've heard. He also stopped by our apartment during December conference where I was able to talk with him. He seems like a quiet Elder like myself so it will be fun. We are going to have a good companionship. He is still kind of young on his mission, only being here like 6 months in all. I'll have a great opportunity to train him some more. It is my last cycle now and it's crazy, but it had to come.
2. Elder M will be going to Novo K which is a smaller city outside of Samara. It is still in our district of Samara so I'll see him at District Conference this coming month. He is going to serve with Elder Anderson from Norway. We were in the MTC together though and we will be leaving together. Elder Bolt and I are staying together again ha ha. He is still here in the branch.
3. Our bap was great and I'll be sure to send pics next week cuz we are really tight on money this week. I'll be paying with my own money to buy our food for the week, but next week we get our MSF money.
4. Sasha is a cool guy and he just had his first baby born in December. He is actually 29 yrs. old today. He knows English really well having served a mission in Kenniwick Washington. He is probably my best friend out of the members here.
5. Kirill is really really nice and we meet with his family like every week and talk with him at church.
6. As for the little Russian CTR rings, I have given some to the kids here in the Samara branch and will be sure to give them all away soon.
7. I don't really have time to get homesick or lonesome. I'm too stressed and worried about the work and our i's. As a missionary you really don't have time to think about all that and it's good that way ha ha. Course I miss you all sooo much, but it helps knowing that I'll see you all in less than 6 weeks ;)
8. Yes, I'm fine with her not being there the first week. It's probably best that way so I can have time to adjust back into my normal life and being "close" to a girl again ha ha. We are definitely going to skype and talk on the phone a lot though.
9. Yeah I was planning on bringing some cheap Russian money anyway. I can't wait till show and tell with me ha ha :)
(His little sister wants to take Drew to show him for her show and tell.)
10. I've bought pretty much all the Russian dolls I was going to. I might buy some sweet Russian eggs, they are so beautiful here, being Passover and all soon. Passover is really huge here in Russia. I want to buy some cool Russian food and candy and drinks for you all to try, so be ready for that!
That's a pretty funny story about the door and all ha ha. Who would have known right? I'm really really excited to see the house soon and look at all the improvements. Thanks for the hard work dad, I know that it will all pay off in the end!
Well my time is drawing to an end here in Russia and I'm just trying to finish as hard as I can. I don't want to look back and have any regrets. It will be conference this weekend in America, but in Russia we'll watch it in two weeks. I'm way excited for that and to be able to get the new Ensign when I get home and read all the talks.
Things are going well with me and I'm feeling great health wise. I'm being sure to eat as healthy as I can. My weight is too low, but I'm trying to get it up. I'm sure it's from stress and everything ha ha. Man I'm so tired all the time, but I will be sure to buy some fruits and stuff. I LOVE fruits, veggies, eggs and good juice that's 100 percent juice. Yeahhhhh I got my watch!!! Thank you so much! I love the color, it's perfect . . . I love it!
Thank you so much for the letter and your encouragement. It helps so much and I'm so grateful for your support and love! I love you all with all of my heart and can't wait to see you soon! It's gonna be crazy!!!!! Thanks for the sports news dad. It's too bad about BYU, but hey they made it to the sweet 16 which is great.
Well tell everyone that I love them and am excited to see them as well. I'm happy to hear Kynlie is getting better! Any more advice for me? Have a great strong week and I can't wait to hear from you next week as usual!
Love you bigger than the universe,
Elder Swainston xoxo
PS. How are YOU mom? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment