Dear family,
Well it was a good, fast week as usual. I've been feeling kinda sick this past week with a cold and having like no energy. I've been jacked up on vitamin C this whole week so I'm finally getting better. It was an exciting week as well watching conference on Saturday and Sunday. It was AMAZING! It literally was just what I needed and I had a ton of my personal questions answered.
1. I did finish reading the Book of Mormon this past week. I started at the beginning of the year and just finished. It was great and of course I learned so much more this time than the last time and the time before that and so on. It was the 4th time I've finished it on my mish.
2. This week was good. It was really raining and kind of cold too, but most of the snow is gone. We are having a lot of success as a zone and a mission so it's great. We were able to find 4 new i's this past week and a family! They are a very sweet family who are really interested so there is a lot of potential with them.
3. Conference was amazing as usual and I learned a lot. I really, really liked Elder Scott's talk which really was personal to him and for me. I took tons of notes on all of them and also I loved Elder Christofferson's talk about correction and stuff. Elder Oaks was awesome as usual, but yeah I'm excited to be able to read the ensign soon . . . at home with you all!
4. We have quite a few i's, but not very many who are progressing. We are trying to change that and help them realize the importance of keeping the commitments we give them and coming to CHURCH! ha ha
5. No I'm not trunky really. It's on and off, but it's just tough cuz all the stress of a missionary is wearing down on me now as I near the end. It's tough NOT to get trunky and making sure you aren't trunky ha ha, but it's all good. I'm serving hard to the end. There are 15 Elders in all leaving on May 6th, 10 of which are going to Utah ha ha.
6. Things are going well with my comp. It's different of course cuz we have the same visions of a mission and what not. He is a really hard worker with a lot of faith and he helps me to be better as I hope I do for him as well. He has a lot of good ideas and has a lot to learn from the mission. It's not a bad thing, but I just notice the difference . . . especially being a 'Bennett' missionary as well ha ha.
7. She is doing well. She had surgery and it was successful. She is a lot of fun and we are looking forward to seeing her and her mom at district conference this week. It's like stake conference and it will be at the Renaissance Hotel which is really nice. It will be a lot of fun.
8. Yes, they are mostly active, but the dad is the only one who is not baptized. We are helping them all prepare for the temple which is great. The mom chose me cuz I've been working with them for so long begging to get her baptized. I knew that it would help their family and situations and stuff.
Anyway, sounds like things are going well at home. That's kinda funny about Grandma Swainston coming down and all that, ha ha crazy, but that will be good to have help from her! Ask her if they ever got my letter I wrote them as well. Things are going well. I'm just loving all the notes from conference especially, Elder Scott's which hit home for me.
They were funny and as for the story dad, about the MIA dog ha ha, wow dogs have some pretty crazy senses I guess. Good to hear about UCONN, it's been a while for them and the Jazz . . . yeah it's not worth talking about. How are the Lakers doing by the way? What are the playoffs looking like? Send me the standings in the NBA if you would :) please. Well I miss you all so much and I am so excited to see you soon! It's not too far away, so I hope you are getting everything ready ha ha.
I will share a funny story we had from last night. We were going home from the meeting we had with that family and we were running late so we had to take a bus home. Of course I got us on the wrong bus so we went kinda the wrong way. However it turned out to be the 'right' bus in a sense cuz we were able to talk with the conductor for a bit. She said she's seen us missionaries before and was interested. She never heard of the Book of Mormon before so we gave her one right there, got her number and a return appointment. She was really nice and it was an answer to our prayers of course. The Lord is preparing all people, but we just don't know who they are so we always need to be ready to open our mouths. We did make it home after walking swiftly ha ha.
I love you so much and care for you all. I miss you, but I'll see you soon enough. I sent a letter home so it should be getting there soon hopefully. Anyway, keep up the faith and be sure to reread the conference talks and all that fun stuff. I love you and know that I'm praying for you always! Hear form ya next week!
Love your son bigger than the universe
Elder Swainston xoxo
PS. Tell Sophie and Kynlie hi for me and give them a big kiss!
No comments:
Post a Comment