Email 07/07/09

Hey Mom,
Hows it going!! Sounds like you had a great time at the cabin! Geez I can't wait to get home just to be able to behold that cabin myself. I'm glad you got my letter. I tried writing more in it, I really did. I'm sorry I know I leave out a lot of stuff, but it's pretty much just the same thing day after day in here ha ha, but the past fast Sunday was great. We had a good mission conference and I gave my first district meeting lesson on virtue. Our district is only 9 people so it wasn't that bad, but anyways I miss you all so very much! It is very hard for me, but I know this is where I need to be at this point of my life. I am learning so much mom, it's amazing how much my testimony has grown here and to see all the missionaries who are going through the same things I am...dedicating 2 years out of their lives to bring people unto Christ. The language is coming along ever so slowly we teach our first lesson in Russian tomorrow evening in the TRC so that'll be interesting ha ha. This past week was really good in my scripture studies, I was able to finish the last of 1st Nephi and will be finishing up 2 Nephi today. The Isaiah chapters are tough but I was able to get through. It's amazing how much more focused and excited I am to read in the Book of Mormon...no distraction that's for sure. I was reading in 1 Nephi about when Nephi saw our day and saw that this would be the land of promise. It was really cool to see how he saw Columbus and the pilgrims landing here and then the revolutionary war. It just really struck me that we are on a blessed land and Nephi really did see the things of our day. I am now past my half way mark in the MTC as of yesterday. We leave on Monday August 17, so I'll be able to call you and tell you my flight plans and what not when it draws closer. Well Wei left for Australia yesterday, but he actually got the swine flu and was in quarantine for 5 days ah ha ha ha! I was laughing so hard because at home he was so paranoid about getting it...he said it wasn't bad. He got to sleep all day for 5 days ha ha, but he looks really good and excited. I still see and talk with Geoff and Scott all the time. Geoff loves it here ha, yeah they don't have to be in here for 12 weeks. I will be getting on later this afternoon sometime so just let everyone know I love them very dearly and they are in my thoughts and prayers always! Jess told me she went there but no one was there so she just left that message, shes excited to see you guys. Let me know how your doing. Give Sophie hugs and kisses for me! Oscar too ;) ha ha.
Love you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxooxox
Elder Drew Swainston

Hey Dad,
Thanks for emailing me. I know you have a busy schedule, but thanks for taking the time out of the day to email me. It really means a lot to hear from you guys and it's good to hear all went well at the cabin this year. We were able to stay out and watch the fireworks Saturday night which was pretty cool ha ha. We just sat in the north parking lot and we could hear the Jonas Brothers from the stadium. That's crazy about Steve Mcnair, wow I bet that shook up the sports world. Russian is coming along ever so slowly, but it's coming. I just can't wait to actually get to Russia. Well let me know how everything is going and what not. Let everyone know I love them. Thanks again for everything, your the best dad I could ever ask for!
Love
Elder Swainston

No comments: