This is an email I received from Drew's new companion Elder Waltman's mom. She was kind enough to let me share it. Melanie. . .you're totally awesome, thank you!
Lesa,
...We usually get short letters from Alex, but he also usually attaches what he writes to the president, so that makes his letters longer. I do have a picture of our 2 sons that I got today. It is just amazing the difference of our son's eyes! Your son has dark brown eyes and Alex has blue ones...... They are both so cute!!! here is some of what he wrote...
"At the mission home, the trainers all came in and president talked to us about training and what not and then I was so scared! My face got all red too! Anyway then they would bring one missionary in and then announce who they are and where they are from, and then tell them who they would be serving with and where. I waited for a while and then they called one out and said I would be training him! Its Elder Swainston from Orem, Utah. He is awesome! I love him! He is about an inch taller than me and has about 30 pounds on me! He is way cool and I really like serving with him. One of the pics is me and him. Its of course pretty hard for him right now like it is for everyone, but hopefully this week will get better for him and not be so hard." .......
I just wanted to tell you a little bit about the people that are getting ready for baptism. A, is one that they have been working on for awhile. He is really nice, shy, quiet and humble. They are so happy for him, that he is finally ready! The other ones are B (the guy) and C. They have been working on them for a long time too. They aren't married and B is more ready for baptism than C. They are really hoping that she will be ready and get baptized the same day as he.
It is so amazing how they have to work so hard with their investigators and almost baby them along with little steps before they will commit to baptism. It is such a huge change in the Russian's lives to be baptized. Lots of them have been fired from their jobs, kicked out of their families.... etc. Russia sure is a different place, but oh... how much our son loves those people.
Well, I know that Alex will take great care of your son. He loves serving the Lord and will do anything to help Elder Swainston out.
Thanks again for the blog! It was awesome. I cried all the way through it, looking at it.
Talk to you soon....
Melanie
...We usually get short letters from Alex, but he also usually attaches what he writes to the president, so that makes his letters longer. I do have a picture of our 2 sons that I got today. It is just amazing the difference of our son's eyes! Your son has dark brown eyes and Alex has blue ones...... They are both so cute!!! here is some of what he wrote...
"At the mission home, the trainers all came in and president talked to us about training and what not and then I was so scared! My face got all red too! Anyway then they would bring one missionary in and then announce who they are and where they are from, and then tell them who they would be serving with and where. I waited for a while and then they called one out and said I would be training him! Its Elder Swainston from Orem, Utah. He is awesome! I love him! He is about an inch taller than me and has about 30 pounds on me! He is way cool and I really like serving with him. One of the pics is me and him. Its of course pretty hard for him right now like it is for everyone, but hopefully this week will get better for him and not be so hard." .......
I just wanted to tell you a little bit about the people that are getting ready for baptism. A, is one that they have been working on for awhile. He is really nice, shy, quiet and humble. They are so happy for him, that he is finally ready! The other ones are B (the guy) and C. They have been working on them for a long time too. They aren't married and B is more ready for baptism than C. They are really hoping that she will be ready and get baptized the same day as he.
It is so amazing how they have to work so hard with their investigators and almost baby them along with little steps before they will commit to baptism. It is such a huge change in the Russian's lives to be baptized. Lots of them have been fired from their jobs, kicked out of their families.... etc. Russia sure is a different place, but oh... how much our son loves those people.
Well, I know that Alex will take great care of your son. He loves serving the Lord and will do anything to help Elder Swainston out.
Thanks again for the blog! It was awesome. I cried all the way through it, looking at it.
Talk to you soon....
Melanie
No comments:
Post a Comment