Email 08-11-09


"I am your Father!"


Trading jackets for size.


Drew studying in the MTC.


Elder Swainston (Russia), Elder Ritter (France) and Elder Coleman (Philippines).
All 3 are buds from school and in the MTC at the same time.


Elder Swainston in front of the Provo Temple

Dear Family,
Hey so I did finally get my flight plans last Thursday!!!! Thannkkkkk gooodness, I'm so ready to get out of here, but here's the run down. My flight leaves from Salt Lake City at 8:25 am then I land in Atlanta at 2:18 pm, have a 2 hour lay over, then my flight leaves at 4:15 pm. I land in Moscow at 11 am, have a 4 hour lay over, then my flight leaves at 2:35 pm for Samara. I should land there around 5:25 pm. All of these times are the actual times I'll be there, so it'll be like 4 hours to Atlanta and I have no clue what time I'll be calling. They told us that they are going to go over that on Sunday in a meeting so I don't really know what to tell ya. I'm guessing I'll call when I'm in Atlanta which will be 12:18 pm here, but that's my guess.
Things are going great here! Time is winding down. . . finally! It's so crazy to think I'll be emailing from Russia next time. I went to the temple for the last time for the next two years this morning. It was really nice, I loved it! We are speaking 100% Russia for the rest of the time we are in the MTC and it's been going good. I've learned a lot more just by speaking it. Our whole branch took a vow to strictly speak it, so yeah time has gone by so fast and I'm sure it will go by even faster (literally) when I'm on the other side of the world! haha
Thanks for sending that story and finding it. I think it's really interesting and you've got other followers haha so that was pretty funny. The camel back is perfect thanks. I put it in the bag and it fit just right so yeah thanks mom you always do everything right haha. Sounds like you had a good meeting with Jess that's nice. Yeah I was going to ask you for all that stuff you listed, the muli-vits and stuff, but if you could get those that would be great! The card is LI-50B Olympus model and I got a lot of pictures for ya!!!
Wow I can't believe Sophie is doing ballet and all!!! Wow time flies literally, sounds like dad's party should be fun as always haha...gosh hopefully when I get home he'll be there still. Sounds good about the international phone card thing. Please explain that more haha, I don't really understand that. I'm going to be sending home stuff and dropping it off to Sister ? on Thursday. She won't be there, but she said to leave it and she'll get it on the 19th. Um at this time I really can't think of anything just all that stuff you named and probably another tube of toothpaste...the kind you sent before was good. I'm so glad to hear Uncle Kelly is doing much much better! I've been praying constantly for him.
Delta airlines are Nazis, geez they charge $50 for a 2nd bag so I'm gonna have to pay that. When we fly Aeroflot Russian int'l we are only allowed 66 lbs in total for everything and it's $1 for every pound over, so its gonna be a little more than I'd hoped, but I'm really going to try and get it as light as possible. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you this week!!! As always I'll be sure to write you a letter this week as well. I love you all and thanks for your support! And no...you're not replaced at all!! haha. Love you!
Love,
Elder Drew Swainston

1 comment:

The Richards in Canada said...

YEAH!! YOu got the comment link going!!! So happy to hear that Drew is doing well!!! Let us know how Monday goes!!