I Love Penza!! 03/08/10



Dear Family,

Well this past week certainly did fly by! It's amazing how fast time is going by, but I usually don't have that much time to think about it anyways, ha ha try not to at least. Um, things are still going so great. I love Penza!! I truly do. The zone leaders called and said that we should expect to stay in our areas for the next 9 months. President Bennett doesn't want any changes and wants us to grow with the branch and I am most certainly doing that! I love the members here, they are so fun and so faithful!

That picture was taken during a branch activity about 2 weeks ago for the Defenders of the Motherland celebration so that's why they were wearing crowns and all that. I was just taking pictures for a member, A. who I took a pic with yesterday that I'll send. He's standing with me next to the pic of Nephi. Yeah we do have baptismal dates, but it still is a little confusing however it's going well. We are continuing to work with them so it's just a matter of time :)

The weather is soooo great! It's been like -5 C or so and the snow was melting a lot, but it just snowed more last night so it comes and goes ha ha, but it's much warmer! Thankfully! I'll try to send a package for Sophie. . .you don't know what the post offices are like here though. The woman always yells and it's like always stressful in there, but I'll try. Plus each time we go, we have to wait in line for like 1 hour cuz all the grandmas are like picking up their pensions ha ha. It's always packed, but nonetheless I will! I love her (Sophie) and it is a big moment (getting baptized)!!

I like the story of you in church with Kynlie ha ha, I can't even imagine what it was like to be there in person. Thanks for your thoughts and your prayers, they truly are so much felt and so visible in our investigators! Let Uncle Ubby know that I said hi and that I pray for him too. I pray for everyone! I truly feel that I have drawn closer to our Heavenly Father just through sincere, dedicated and heartfelt prayers. I love just talking with our Heavenly Father and I testify that if we have faith and hope, that he hears and he will answer our prayers. . .he will! I have thousands of testimonies of just the little things that he answers like getting home on time, not being late. . .having transports show up that rarely come at night and everything!

I love you Auntie Faye and Auntie Lauren! I still remember all the times going and staying with you all! I loved it and I can't wait to do it again! I'll be able to teach ya some Russian maybe ;) ha. Yeah I did get the letter from President Christiansen. Please be sure to tell him thank you and congratulations on the mission call. It's definitely the place for him! ha ha.

Well things are going amazing and I love being here and growing spiritually, physically and everything. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father and of course I miss you all, but I know that I'll see you soon anyways so no worries ha ha. I hope you all have a great week and continue to pray and read scriptures! They are the gateway to the mysteries of heaven!, it's true. I love you all and please know that I'm so grateful for all you do and all your love.

I know that this church is true without a shadow of a doubt and I can't wait to share all these amazing experiences with you! I love you mom. I love you dad. I love you Sophie. I love you Kynlie. I love you Oscar, ha rat (our dog). Well thanks for the updates dad with sports. I need to know how the NBA is going. . . Lakers? Jazz? Kobe? ha ha. Alright, once again thank you and I can't wait to hear from you next week! :) Love you all!

Love your son,
Elder Swainston xoxo
Love you biggester than the universe, lol!

No comments: