
Elder Swainston and Elder Bolt (courtesy of a local Russian member).
Dear Family,
Well this past week was a very fun week. We went to Samara and were there for like 12 hours ha ha, but conference was really great. It was more of just a motivational conference. It was pretty small, but I learned so much about faith, more than I ever have before. President Bennett is so amazing and he broke everything down so simply. I loved it.
I'm so glad you got your Christmas letter (it only took 3 months)! I told you I sent one ha. Yeah that herbal tea isssss sooo good and I'm bringing some home. The ticket is a lucky ticket and the numbers add up out of six, but you need to eat it for it to be lucky ha ha. I feel much better thanks to your prayers :) Elder Bolt is still kind of sick with a stuffed nose, but other than that he's getting better.
Yeah I heard about the USA and Canada hockey game for the gold yesterday from a guy on a bus who didn't want to talk to me, so I just stood there next to him and after awhile he asked me who was going to win out of the two. I didn't even hear about it, so yeah that was kind of funny. I bet Uncle Eric is all happy. So who won overall for the Olympics? How did Russia fair? I heard the women took gold in something.
Don't worry about the package, we didn't get mail or anything, but thanks for your concern :) Next conference for sure will be the week after General Conference. That's why we had one (zone conference) in the middle of the cycle, to get on track to be able to see GC a week later instead of a month ha ha.
We do have baptisms set, but it's a little confusing with them. Need to get permission from a parent and all, so if you could pray for that, that would be great :) but things are going so great! I've been studying the atonement in depth and I've learned so much! I'm re-reading the Book of Mormon and marking up everything about the atonement and in connection with it. It's so crazy, I've never realized how it's connected with everything! As far as transfers, they were this past week. We can be transferred pretty much at any time. President B. said we won't be getting that many missionaries in the next months, so he said act as though you will be in your area for the next year! I feel that way, I'm all settled in and at home :)
Well things sound like they're going a lot better at home (illnesses). Let dad know I'm praying for his (pneumonia) and all. Thanks so much for your support, it really helps so much. Things are going terrific and I hope things continue to as well. Time is flying by and so it's good. I love you so much and I love this work! It's true! Well have a great week and I know that you all deeply love me and that helps! I love you all, I love you to the moon and back!
Love,
Elder Swainston, your boy. XOXO
PS. March madness? Brackets???
No comments:
Post a Comment