

Dear family,
Well let me just start off by saying the iron curtain has been lifted in the Russia Samara Mission so to speak ha ha, but that’s what it feels like. We have moved to the white handbook schedule and rules and oh my gosh I can’t even describe to you what it’s like. I am writing you a hand written letter to try and just tell you.
Elder Zuber is a great missionary and we are having a great time together ha ha it’s fun definitely. We get along well, but it won’t last for much longer. He is just here for the moment, as we both wait for our new companions. We get along very well and we are working hard together, but I will be getting a new comp so we'll see ha ha.
We don’t know officially yet, but being that I know the area and if I were to be transferred no one else would know the area or investigators so I’m sure I’m here. I don’t know, but I’ve heard Elder Bolt will be transferred.
Ha ha as far as the Rice Krispies and marshmellows, have yet to see both of those in Russia . . . they don’t exist here! So that would be a great gift! :)
Anyway yesterday and Saturday we were able to watch alllllll of conference which is a change. I’m planning on sending you a copy of our list of rules that we had which should be great. It was needed at the time definitely and I have nothing against it. I know that the Lord has prepared us for this time through those rules and now he has placed more trust in us.
So Saturday night we had our first sports night with the members, which was fun! We played American football and Russian football, also known as soccer I guess, but it was way fun. Before that we went to McDonalds and I got a big nasty ha ha, it was amazing (first time he ate at a restaurant on his mission). We have dinner now which really is strange, but it will help. Another change is that we also go in at 9 pm so we have more time before bed. Now I can write in my journal ha ha and yeah we don’t go out at 7 am anymore, we are in till 10 am and then go out.
We just are going by the WHS now so you can read that and that’s pretty much everything. We can listen to LOTR now which will be nice ha ha, all this is coming, but I know that we cannot lose our focus. We can now do service for people and go to museums on P-days if we want. There are just so many, so you will be able to get more pictures now too, I’ve taken a ton this past week.
I’m glad to hear that things are going great for you all! That is a really sad story about the young girl and I will most definitely be praying for them both. I am still praying for Auntie Julie’s dad so I hope things keep going well with him. It is getting colder so hopefully the package is in Samara waiting for me right ha ha jk, but seriously.......it’s cold!
I’m glad to hear that everyone’s health is coming back. Anyway, things are still changing and it will be another big week with getting a new companion. Well I know this is short, but I must end this soon. President had us write longer today and we got new info about stuff so that’s why I’m short on time. I hope things keep going well and enjoy this email. Like I said I’m writing you a handwritten one with more detail.
I love you bigger than the universe and I hope you know that you’re always in my prayers. Have a great week and I can’t wait to hear from you next week! Thanks for the sports info dad, I love you very much! Glad to hear the Cougs pulled one out! LOVES!
Love your son, always yours
Elder Swainston xoxo
PS. Thanks for looking up the watch and stuff. Keep an eye out for it, I know it’s there! Ha ha Thank you, loves to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment