Dear family and friends,
Well it feels like I just talked to you which I did ha ha, but it was very great to be able to talk to everyone and hear how you are all doing. Things are going much better here in Samara and the Lord is blessing us for our efforts continually. We had a good Christmas day. We woke up and I made some french toast, eggs with sausage (which was really good) and enjoyed some Christmas fudge I made the day before ha ha.
We had a baptism for the other Elders in Samara which was really good and then the Christmas concert that evening. There were a lot of members there cuz it was a district party. We were able to have an investigator come which was really good. The best present of course was being able to talk to my family. Thank you so much for answering all of my questions and having patience with me and my horrible grammar English ha ha, it's difficult. Things are going good between Elder Ellis and me. We are both serving each other and are growing together.
Interesting news from the ward dad about Brother G and thanks for the more detailed sports news ha ha, I like it a lot. So it turns out Grant got his mission call to Costa Rica and leaves on Feb 23rd which is really good. I'm happy for him and I hope he knows he's made the right choice. That's good to hear Elder Punderson was able to go back. I know it would have been really hard on him if he wasn't able to. Glad to hear all is well with the family at home.
For p-day today we are not doing much. This week we should have a culture night and I think we are going to go to Stalin's bunker, which you know I will love, in the assistance area. We are all going and it's like 12 stories underground ha ha, we shall see. Today we are just doing the usual and writing letters I guess, cook something good like tacos (thanks) or something.
It was a little weird at first talking with her, but it was amazing. Thank you for inviting her and I'm grateful to her family for sending that big package ha ha. I'm very glad to hear you had a great Christmas day and that Sophie had a good Christmas. I love you all so much and miss you, but soon enough we will be able to see each other :) and yes it will be a great moment.
So what are your plans for New Years? We are going in early on Friday and Saturday so I'm sure we will have a very yummy meal that day. Well things are going great and I feel that time is going by faster and faster. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. I know that the Lord is watching over you all and protecting you. Have a safe trip home mom and have a very happy New Year!
Once again it was wonderful to hear you and know that I love you so much mom. Thank you for always being so thoughtful to others and willing to serve. Tell everyone that I love them and am praying for them as well. Have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you all next week as usual.
Love your son,
Elder Swainston
xoxo with all of my heart and soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment